After four years of hard work and planning by the Friends of Beddington Park, Sutton Council and your local Councillors, the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) has granted £3 million to restore and improve Beddington Park.
Work will start in late 2016 with multiple visual improvements and new features to be added such as:
- Enlarging and introducing a more child-friendly playground encouraging children from all backgrounds to use the park
- Dredging the lake to make it more sustainable
- Creating a community orchard
- Improving entrances, parking and access
- Habitat improvements for local wildlife
The project aims to promote Beddington Park’s history, as well as introducing a three-year activities and events programme, including children’s activities and fitness and volunteering opportunities.
Tom Brake commenting on the announcement said,
"Beddington Park is one of our most precious local treasures so thank you all for your ongoing support and I look forward to keeping you updated on this fantastic project."
You can find more information on the project here.