On Thursday June 8th, Carshalton & Wallington will choose its next MP. Tom is a local, experienced and trusted voice, with a proven record of fighting for our community. But those are far from the only reasons he should be our MP. Here are 12 reasons (and counting) to back Tom Brake:
1. With a 25+ year record of public service, Tom has the experience to deliver for us.
2. To stop the Conservatives. Labour, the Greens and all the others are out of the race and cannot win in Carshalton & Wallington.
3. He strongly opposes fox hunting, consistently voting against it in Parliament.
4. He's fighting for St Helier.
5. Lib Dems will offer a "Fathers' Month" of paid maternity leave.
6. Tom has lived in Carshalton & Wallington for 25 years - issues that affect you affect him.
7. He saved the Thameslink from ending at Blackfriars.
8. Because a wannabe Conservative Councillor said that St Helier should be demolished - and we need someone to stand up for our hospital.
9. Tom has held a regular stall on Wallington High Street for over 25 years.
10. Lib Dems have a plan to end the scandal of rough sleeping.
11. Tom is passionate about supporting local people.
12. He is campaigning for safe standing at football stadiums.
13. Tom is in politics to help people. He's not in it for himself.
14. He is one of the few MPs who does regular surgeries on Facebook to keep in touch with local people.
15. Because Tom organises regular public meetings on issues like Southern Rail, pharmacies and cycling.