The Lib Dems have launched their Plan for a Brighter Future. The plan outlines the party’s key priority – to Stop Brexit – and sets out a bold vision on how to build a fairer, brighter future for the country. It is a plan to tackle inequalities, confront the climate emergency and give everyone the opportunities they need to succeed.
A Liberal Democrat government will create a shared vision for the country the UK could be, where every single person and community is valued, empowered and cared for, and where the planet is protected for future generations.
The Liberal Democrat Plan for a Brighter Future:
1. Stop Brexit and invest the £50 billion Remain Bonus in public services and tackling inequality.
2. Tackle the climate emergency by generating 80% of our electricity from renewables by 2030 and insulating all low-income homes by 2025.
3. Give every child the best start in life by recruiting 20,000 more teachers as part of an extra £10 billion a year for schools.
4. Build a fairer economy by providing free childcare from 9 months and giving every adult £10,000 to spend on skills and training throughout their lives.
5. Transform our mental health services by treating mental health with the same urgency as physical health.
Tom Brake, Liberal Democrat for Carshalton and Wallington said:
“I am proud of the bold and ambitious plan set out by my party and I am confident that together we can build a brighter future.
“Too many people are struggling just to get by. Our country is crying out for a new kind of leadership and the Liberal Democrats are rising to this challenge.
“Our plan to build a brighter future starts with stopping Brexit, generating a £50 billion Remain Bonus that will benefit every part of the United Kingdom, but it doesn’t stop there.
“It is a plan to transform the mental health services that are so integral to our wellbeing. It is a plan to give every child the best start in life, providing the resources to recruit thousands more teachers and funding free childcare from nine months. It is a plan that will tackle the climate emergency, to make sure the planet we live on is protected for future generations.”